It gives me immense pleasure and happiness to highlight the progress at NATIONAL ACADEMY CENTRAL SCHOOL in the academic year 2017.
After a very fruitful first year, I have had the privilege of steering the School towards getting enrolled with CBSE.
Our new session began on June 7, 2017 and there was a rise in student enrollment to 431. One more class was added to each standard and the School was upgraded to class VI with two sections till class III and three sections in class II and I.
It has been our ethos to keep our facilities and infrastructure in line with the changing needs of a growing institution. As a part of this process, the following were added to our facilities.
A Spacious library with 1699 books has been added to our facilities.
A science laboratory which would provide practical learning experience for class VI students.
Installation of LED monitor in one of the classrooms that supports digital learning readily available.
As the strength of the school was doubled up, the second and third floors were constructed with hygienic restrooms.
Nurturing the honesty of today’s generation ‘Honest shop” without a shopkeeper is at set at school where the students drop the money in a box and buy any stationary product.
Our industrious teachers attended Math Workshop at Madurai, Organized by Ramanujam Institute, Orientation pragramme exhibited by Macmillan Publishers and Dengue Awareness Campaign at Vallalar school.
Our students are the active members of charity club who donates a minimum of Rs.10 each month to help the needy. This year the Charity amount was donated to the needy people of Ramnad.
The children’s day competition was a mega hit show as all the Competitions were formulated to honour Dr. ABDUL KALAM on his second Remembrance Day.
One of the precious and tremendous shows, the “HOBBY SHOW” was organized for Std I to V to kindle the students interest in year – long collection and make it as their hobbies.
Field trip is a part of our academic curriculum. Students of std V actively involved in a trip to Sundaramudayan and visited genetic heritage garden to inculcate the practical knowledge of organic cultivation and types of vegetation.
- Our students participated and excelled in various competitions.
- Recitation and elocution – Vivekananda kendrium
- Multi talent show – gulf of mannar biosphere reserve
- Drawing and quiz – hero cycle
- Coloring contest – jewel one
- Drawing – Yamaha motor India
- Singing – Ramakrishna math
- Cultural fest – Krishna international school
- Drawing – world forest day ( forest department)
- Carrom and chess competition, sethakathi stadium, Ramnad.
- Kick boxing – second place, international martial arts championship. Rajiv Gandhi indoor stadium, Pondicherry.
- District level carom tournament Ramnad, district carom association- girls doubles – I place
- Karate taekwondo championship – Ramnad taekwondo academy
- Skating – gold medals and bronze medals. Individual championship and overall championship
- 4th international karate championship – bronze medal, Kualalumpur, Malaysia
- TNRSA open state meet, Perambalur district roller skating association
- South Indian karate championship
- Silambam, Kalai panpaatu thurai … gold medal
The young minds set a record in Olympiad exam by winning gold, silver and bronze medals under all four categories science, math, computer science and English.
They developed their analytical reasoning skill by attending asset science talent exam, Thulir science exam and aspire exam.
Supporting global warming and realizing the importance of trees and water students actively participated in the seed ball project and made around 5000 seed balls. They donated the seed balls to government school students and gave training in making seed balls.
Focusing the significance of English language, the link language that connect the world, an interactive session was scheduled for class 6. Students headed by Mr. Alex from Belgium, France.
Students of std 6 attended the value camp which helped them to have self-analysis, mingle with peer group and acquire life skills like caring, sharing, unity, adjustment and optimism.
Our school is always for the children making them well prepared to step into the competing society.